Attention Ventures, Rovers, Rangers and Service Adults
We are seeking OOS (Offer of Service) members for the best fall camp in Manitoba called Wilderness Challenge! Be a part of great experience with a chance to meet lots of new people.
Your role at Wilderness Challenge
As OOS at Wilderness Challenge you may be assigned to many different parts of the camp. The area where help is most needed and where OOS are most commonly placed is program. Jobs in program require you to be at activities and assisting the “town mayor” with running the activity throughout the day. This can include such things as supervision, set up and maintenance of the town. Please see below lists of tasks, needed.
- 8 Scout Activities
- 6 Cub Activities
- Traffic management
There will be an assigned area for OOS parking when you arrive. You are required to park in this area. Your vehicle will not be allowed to leave this designated parking area until Sunday departure unless arrangements have been made to leave earlier.
- Saturday lunch provided to all OOS/Volunteers
- Optional full weekend meal plan - including Friday mug-up, Saturday breakfast + supper, Sunday breakfast: $16
- Saturday supper only: $7
- Friday mug-up: hotdogs and hotchocolate
- Saturday breakfast: pancakes, sausages, oatmeal and fruit
- Saturday Lunch: ham and chicken wraps, veggies, granola bar
- Saturday Supper: spagghetti, ceaser salad and garlic bread
- Saturday mug-up: cookies and other misc
- Sunday breakfast: eggs, hashbrowns, ham, oatmeal and fruit
Each OOS participant will receive one crest, with the option to purchase additional.
Prerequisites for Volunteer/OOS
Must be an active, registered member of Scouts Canada or Girl Guides of Canada with all adults current and active as per Scouts Canada or Girl Guides of Canada.
Weather appropriate clothing, water bottle, etc.
Sleeping gear, tent, etc for those staying overnight.
- Mess kit if staying for meals
- Venturer leaders should be carrying their group medical forms (registration) in case of emergency